|Concordia University (8-5-0, 3-3-0)||1||4||5|
|Rochester College (1-12-0, 0-6-0)||1||0||1|
|1||12:04||Cameron Harrison (Rochester College)|
|1||12:04||Charlie Miles (Concordia University)|
|2||46:31||Josh Posuniak (Concordia University)|
|2||47:17||Anthony Tucker (Concordia University)|
|2||62:41||Josh Posuniak (Concordia University)|
|2||69:24||Jeff Thomas (Concordia University)|
|Concordia University||Indv. Leaders||Rochester College|
|#11 Josh Posuniak - 2||Goals||#11 Cameron Harrison - 1|
|#8 Jeff Thomas - 2||Assists||#10 Mark Shawnah - 1|
|#9 Anthony Tucker - 6||Shots||2 Players (#8,#11) - 2|
|#0 Marino Moracinni - 1||Saves||#1 Zach Tilson - 8|
|Concordia University||Team Statistics||Rochester College|
|18 (13)||Shots (on goal)||6 (2)|
(Ann Arbor, MI) The men's soccer team traveled to Rochester, Michigan for a weekday conference matchup against Rochester College. Facing the Warriors for the first time since becoming an official WHAC member presented more meaning to the game for both teams. The Cardinals looked to improve their chances for a home playoff game using a dominant four goal second half. Joshua Posuniak (SO/Canton, MI) score two second half goals leading the Cardinals to a 4-1 victory.
Here's Where it Happened:
Rochester College – Rochester, Michigan
Rochester College (1-12, 0-6 ) vs. Concordia University (8-5, 3-3) - WHAC matchup
Here's How it Happened:
- The Warriors scored the game's first goal when Cameron Harrison found the back of the 12 minutes into the game.
- Charlie Miles (JR/Brighton, England) quickly responded with a spectacular goal from 70 yards away on the restart from the Warriors goal. Joshua Posuniak touched the ball back to Miles from the center circle where he then launched it over the Warriors goalie and into the goal.
- The game remained tied for rest of the 1st half with the Cardinals dominating ball possession with 9 shots on goal.
- A spirited half time speech from 2nd year Head Coach Erik Schultz kept the Cardinals aggressive eventually leading to a plethora of goals.
- Just under 3 minutes into the 2nd half, back to back goals by Joshua Posuniak and Anthony Tucker (SO/Canton, MI) gave the Cardinals the lead for good.
- Another goal by Posuniak at 62' extended the Cardinals lead 4-1. Thomas assisted Posuniak on the goal.
- After assisting on two goals earlier in the game, Thomas found the back of the net himself giving the Cardinals a 5-1 lead. Charlie Miles added to his stat line with an assist on the goal.
Here's Where it will Happen Next:
The Cardinals will remain at home for their next match when the Crusaders of Madonna visit Ann Arbor on Saturday, October 14. The match is set to start at 3pm with the women playing as part of a doubleheader starting at Noon. Madonna currently holds the top spot in the league with a 9-1-1 mark overall and 4-0-1 in the WHAC.