|Concordia Ann Arbor (7-5)||0||0||0|
|Ann Arbor, Michigan|
|1||18:41||Camilla Andersen (NorthwesternOhio)|
|2||72:30||Rikke Sevecke (NorthwesternOhio)|
|NorthwesternOhio||Indv. Leaders||Concordia Ann Arbor|
|2 Players (#4,#11) - 1||Goals||None|
|#9 Evdokia Popadinova - 4||Shots||#4 Julia Palushaj - 3|
|#1 Romane Salvador - 6||Saves||#0 Maria Lulgjuraj - 6|
|NorthwesternOhio||Team Statistics||Concordia Ann Arbor|
|14 (8)||Shots (on goal)||10 (6)|
(Ann Arbor, MI) The Concordia women's soccer team entered the today's game looking to extend their win streak to 4 games while the University of Northwestern Ohio had the hopes of stretching theirs to 6. The Racers hold the top spot in the WHAC and the #3 ranking in the NAIA. After an evenly played match by other teams, the Racers prevailed, 2-0. This will bring the Cardinals record to 7-5 overall and 3-2 in the WHAC. Concordia will return home to face off against the Warriors of Rochester College on Oct. 11 for their next match.
Here's Where it Happened:
Cardinal Stadium – Ann Arbor, Michigan
University of Northwestern Ohio (10-1-1, 5-0 ) vs. Concordia University (7-5, 3-2) - WHAC matchup
Last Meeting – Oct. 8, 2016 (L, 0-2)
Here's How it Happened:
- UNOH got on the board first with a goal coming from Camilla Andersen in the 18th min of the first half. After a long punt by the Racers goalkeeper, Romane Salvador to Evdokia Popadinova that was controlled deep in the Cardinals territory. Popadinova, tapped it left to for a goal from 15 yards away by Camilla Anderson.
- The Racers controlled the tempo for much of the first half, recording 6 shots on goal to the Cardinals 2.
- UNOH extended their lead when Rikke Sevecke found the back of the net in the 73rd min. giving the Racers a 2-0 lead.
- The Cardinals put the pressure on in the second half, holding the Racers to only 2 shots on goal. Concordia had multiple shots on goal in the second half that forced the UNOH goalie to make diving plays, but could not find the back of the net.
- Maria Lulgjuraj (JR/West Bloomfield, MI) recorded 6 saves on the day.
Here's Where it will Happen Next:
The Cardinals will stay at home for their next two games as they host Rochester College on Oct. 11 at 2:00 PM and Aquinas College on Oct. 14 at 12:00 PM. Following their next two home games, the Cardinals will be on the road before returning home for their final home game of the season on Oct. 22.