Application Process for All Employment Opportunities at Concordia University
NO CURRENT POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
SAMPLE - JOB OPPORTUNITY
Job Summary: The Head Coach is responsible for administering all aspects of the sport program including: coaching, recruiting, game scheduling, supervision of personnel, fund-raising, budget management, compliance with NAIA, and conference rules/regulations. This is a part-time position.
- Demonstrating excellent teaching and coaching competencies with regard to: sport skill instruction, motivation, tactical strategies and physical training and fitness.
- Exhibiting the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NAIA, Conference, University and Department of Athletics rules, policies and expectations including commitment to life long learning and sportsmanship on and off the field of play.
- Design and execute a competitive schedule for intercollegiate contests (including practice planning) that maximizes individual and collective student-athlete development and performance; prioritizing conference play within the academic schedules of the student-athletes.
- Create team results that are competitive within the WHAC regular season on a consistent basis.
- Successful recruitment, matriculation, retention and graduation of student-athletes. Required roster numbers will be determined by the Director of Athletics.
- Managing a cost-effective and administratively efficient sport program working at or within operational budget on an annual basis, includes purchasing, inventory and control of sports equipment and uniforms.
- Participating in whole department and sport specific marketing, public relations, civic and community outreach and fundraising activities.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative working relationships with all constituents including department colleagues, administration, faculty and other college personnel in the spirit of integration and community with a common mission of Christ First in Everything.
- Supervising and utilizing effectively the coaching staff.